Are You Serious?!


I was prepared to write another glowing review of one of the few higher end restaurants in Sylvan Lake  - Bravo Gastro - until I went on Wine Wednesday and was served the above.  I've enlarged the picture so that hopefully you can see it well enough to see what it is.  Does it look like a plate of rice to you?  It sure does to me and it tasted like a plate of rice.  I don't complain very often and when I'm unhappy about a meal you mostly just won't hear about it but this was RIDICULOUS!  This was supposed to be Lobster Risotto!  I don't know if I'm more upset being served a dish of rice or that they thought they could insult my intelligence by doing so.  In all fairness, it was the girl's second day there and she clearly did not know what Risotto was (I'm guessing she doesn't have much restaurant experience).  But when she went back to the kitchen with my complaint she returned telling me that she was told that Risotto is a type of rice.  Well, yes, my dear it is, but it's not a plate of minute rice.  It's usually Arborio or another type cooked in a broth to a creamy, delectable consistency . . . oh what's the point. The lobster placed on top was good but, again, no sauce or flavour to be found.  To top it off I ate my "minute rice" with a spoon because the server kept forgetting to bring me a fork.  Earlier I tried to order "blue cheese wings" however when they arrived with a red sauce on them I asked what they were.  She replied they are "blue cheese buffalo wings".  On the menu the blue cheese and the buffalo are on different lines amongst many choices of wings making what I wanted and what I ordered two very different things.  I sent them back and they were removed from my bill.  My rice cost me 1/2 price of the Lobster Risotto dish.  It was not a great night but I do like the owner and many of the girls that work there and there are limited options in Sylvan Lake so I will return and give them another try but I hope for a better night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...